New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali Jane

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All!
Found this place when I was researching about gear (as I think most people addicted divers do) I have been diving for about a year and have my PADI Advanced. Live and work in Bali (yes I know!!!) where I put on my Learner fins and discovered the underwater world beyond snorkelling and a little bit of free diving. I fell in love and count the days to my next dive and when finances allow!
Lot's of questions - about getting set up etc and locations etc.
First order of business - Dive computers.... Suunto is my preferred option - peoples thought? D6I Novo vs Vyper Novo vs the Zoop Novo vs the D4I so many options....
Will be pursuing Enriched air in a few weeks... so need the multiple gases option ... is the built in compass any good on those above?
Have used the Zoop Novo before and liked but wondering if it is what I need?
SOOOO many questions!!
Hoping someone can advise!
Yours in bubbles!

Welcome! Questions are good!

I would recommend getting a separate compass. We like the Suunto model but have swapped out the wrist strap for bungee cords. My daughter has the Zoop and I the D4i. Both are very good. I am a bit of a gear junky and wish I would have bought the Shearwater Perdix instead.

GJS

Welcome to SB Jane! Suunto computers are great units! Like above, even with a compass in the computer...I would recommend a backup "analog" compass. If you have any questions on gear feel free to call, email, or chat with us!

howdy and welcome form south Florida USA...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom