new diver searching a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apateonas

Reaction score
:confused: Hello i 'm new ........
If u don't understand yet '''''i 'm new''''''''
Please help the new guy to buy a dive computer.
What about stinger ??:confused:

You really left yourself open for a lot of opinions (which can get very confusing to a newbie). You might want to specify your price range, type of diving you want to do, even more about where you will be diving. All these things may effect the dive computer you buy. My first suggestion is to look at the manufactures sites and see what sounds good then start doing research on the specific ones you like. Research should include: reviews from Rodale's, epinion.com, and searchs here. Then ask on the forum what the divers, who have the ones you are interested in, think about them. Would they buy them again, yes or no?

emeyer36

:) thanks a lot

I'll try to help you i u want to help me...
I just finished padi open water and i 'll start the advanced open water soon.
I believe i can ''invest'' about 300-400 euro.
I dive i salt water GREECE and i don't think i'll ever try nitrox but noone ever knows. I like all sea activities. I'm prefer to buy a good brand computer with lifetime service..

I've seen some opinions, sites, and reviews and i'm too close to stinger

Thanks a lot

if you have time pls help

I am looking into a dive computer, myself. What I can tell you is if you haven't for some reason, absolutely ruled out Nitrox, then you might want to look for a Nitrox capable computer. Reasons: 1. You will only pay a little bit more, and it will do air just fine. 2. If you decide you want to do Nitrox, you don't have to go out and buy a new computer. 3. Even if you have ruled out Nitrox now, you may learn more about it and decide to try it, again no search for a new computer.

I don't know what brands of computers are available and readily serviced there, but I have been looking at Scubapro and Aeries, because most of the people I dive with really seem to like their Scubapro and Aeries computers. They also say they think the servicing of these brands is very good.

I know this isn't much help, but I am sure you will get more help here, since everyone on the forums seems to really want to help the newbies. I know they really like to encourage people who are new to the sport.

emeyer36

well I just went through this too not long ago after diving years with a analog gage , well I went with the cobra combo it has a nice package witht he dive log . computer interface and compass all in one just my thoughts and I am very happy with mine

I agree with Medic13, I too have a Suunto Cobra (console) with compass. It's a good computer, nitrox compatible, air integrated so you don't need a pressure guage too.

Mel

I would go for the Uwatec models, I have a Pro Nitrox, but will be going to a Air Z Nitrox on my next one. I like this computer very much and have had no problems with. It is very easy to use and completely down loadable to your PC.

Rich :mean:

I just purchased a whole new rig (* BCD, regulator. octo and computer *) and saved a whole lot of money (* about 450 dollars *). The website is tgidiving.com. I bought a Smart Com and love it dearly with a Apeks TX100 and scubaPro octo. Before you guy and buy anything check this guy out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom