New Diver, New to board.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, I'm from Shreveport, LA and going for my OW in a month or two. Got a trip planned to Cozumel in July and hope to do some great diving there. And hope I don't embarass myself by doing something stupid...LOL.

Any other divers from Shreveport Area on here? Would love to talk to you about your experiences.

Howdy to ya from Dallas!

We've got a fairly active bunch hear that like to dive as often as possible. And we hit various areas all over the state. So perhaps you might be able to join us some time.

Good luck on your classes. Remeber to relax and have fun! And post all your questions here since this is a very good and helpful bunch!

Hey Mike, I plan on doing some diving in Texas this summer. There are several places I want to visit. I've heard good things about the Blue Lagoon around Huntville. There is also a small lake near Tyler that is a good driving distance to go to to work on some skills and get some experience. If you know of any others please let me know.

Thanks for the kind welcome. Seems to be a very good group of poeple here.

Talk to Dee about Blue Lagoon (Tom Vyles too). It's....okay.....

If you're skills are up to it, Tom Vyles (on this board) is planing a oil rig diving trip in May, including a stop in New Orleans for Jazz Fest.

And I hit the Quarry outside of Terrell on a frequent basis (Clear Springs Scuba Park) and Athens Scuba Park in Athens on an infrequent basis. So there will be several opportunties this season for you to join our merry little band.

-- TM (hums the "Men in Tights" song from that Robin Hood movie)

WE'RE BUTCH!

First welcome to the board, and to diving....

Where the heck is Shreveport, LA? I'm a wee bit lazy tonight to go look it up through Yahoo or the like.

Howdy and Welcome from North Central TEXAS!!

Glad to have you on the board and good luck with your OW.:)

Hi From Kingston Ontario Canada..
Welcome to the SCUBA Board. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Don't be afraid to ask Questions or to do Posts..
Hope all your days are wet ones.. or dry.. depending on how you dive..

Welcome from Houston! Gee...Blue Lagoon is gettin famous! :D

Like Mike said, it's OK...but I may be jaded and just a bit tired of it. A limestone rock quarry with water that is high in alkaline, which means nothing lives in it except for a species of African Cichlid that A&M imported there as an experiment a couple of years ago...they are thriving! There's actually 2 lagoons, #1 is just a bit larger than #2.

As you probably know, it's a major training site. That also means that in the summer there may be as many as 300 divers there! Visibility can be as low as a couple of feet. This isn't necessarily a bad thing! You will learn to be comfortable in low visibility conditions, you will get VERY good at navigation, and you'll learn you're not a sissy if you use buddy lines!

So come on over...Beast and I will give you a grand tour of either Lagoon, we've got them both memorized!

Back
Top Bottom