New Diver neeeds help with SHERWOOD WISDOM Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronniemu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I seen past post stating that the manuals that come with the computers were poorly written. As a newbie to SCUBA diving I am very confused with the logs on my Wisdom computer which I had recently purchased. On any particular dive, the log shows the time of day a dive was started and the time of day a dive was completed. When I look at that information a figure out my total dive time for that dive. It does not equal the Elapse Time that is display on the computer.

Example: Dive one,

Start of dive 2:01
End of dive 2:35

The total time in the water would be: 34 minutes.

The Elapse Dive Time show :03 minutes.

I believe I am getting these readings because I was practicing my newly learned skills in my pool which is only 8 feet deep. Also can this be because I was at the surface for some of the time? Thanks for any help.

Ronniemu:
I seen past post stating that the manuals that come with the computers were poorly written. As a newbie to SCUBA diving I am very confused with the logs on my Wisdom computer which I had recently purchased. On any particular dive, the log shows the time of day a dive was started and the time of day a dive was completed. When I look at that information a figure out my total dive time for that dive. It does not equal the Elapse Time that is display on the computer.

Example: Dive one,

Start of dive 2:01
End of dive 2:35

The total time in the water would be: 34 minutes.

The Elapse Dive Time show :03 minutes.

I believe I am getting these readings because I was practicing my newly learned skills in my pool which is only 8 feet deep. Also can this be because I was at the surface for some of the time? Thanks for any help.

if you went down and then came up computer will start clocking surface interval but if you go back down within ten minutes still the same dive. Also computer has a threshold where it will start or end dive time. Usually 3-4' so once you go under that computer starts, come up to surface and computer goes above 3-4' it turns off, expecting that you surfaced, even if you did not.

Try to stay on bottom for a while, time it with something else, and see if computer has same readings for bottom time. If so, you should have no problem.

seafox69:
if you went down and then came up computer will start clocking surface interval but if you go back down within ten minutes still the same dive. Also computer has a threshold where it will start or end dive time. Usually 3-4' so once you go under that computer starts, come up to surface and computer goes above 3-4' it turns off, expecting that you surfaced, even if you did not.

Try to stay on bottom for a while, time it with something else, and see if computer has same readings for bottom time. If so, you should have no problem.

The computer did not show any surface time for this day. However, I will take your advice and stay under for a period of time then exit completely. Thanks for the information that you provided. Regards, Ronnie

I can't remember the exact depth but I think it is 5 feet. Dive time is only recorded below that depth. You were probably only recording dive time when you were laying on the bottom.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom