New Diver Needs Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello fellow divers.... I am a new diver, absolutely LOVE it! Plan on taking cool dive trips to Caribbean. However, I need advice on areas to dive in Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas area.... Any suggestions?

Texas: Terrell (Clear Springs Scuba Park); Tyler (Tyler State Park, NOT Lake Tyler); Athens (Athens Scuba Park); Blue Lagoon (Huntsville); Comal River (New Braunfels); San Marcos River (San Marcos); Twin Lakes (Houston); Lake Travis (Austin); Canyon Lake (Austin- I think); Aquarena Springs (San Marcos- certification required to dive there); and there are some others, but these are the ones that first come to mind. I've only been to the first five sites I listed, and Aquarena. The only place I've dived in OK is Broken Bow, OK (Beaver Bend Lake). Or maybe it's Beaver's Bend, Broken Bow Lake... lol, sorry to my Okie friends, I'm just not sure.

Adding to Foo's great list,

Ok: Broken Bow, Tenkiller, Murray,
Ar: DeGray, Ouachita,

You are welcome to join any of us at any time you can for diving. I know the warm water season is rapidly comming to an end.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I know the warm water season is rapidly comming to an end.

TwoBit

YIPPIE!!!! :lol: :D :eyebrow:

Where in Texas do you live? Might as well start out close to home. Lots of diving to be done in Texas.

~Jess

I'm in the Dallas area and a new diver as well. If anyone wants to go dive, let me know. I've been bit by the bug and haven't had many chances to dive yet.

Welcome to the group, Scubagirl.

If you're ever down in Austin and want a dive buddy, PM me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom