New diver needs advice (Apeks WTX, Hydros Pro, other...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks a lot David for the link, I didn't know the store, they have a huge selection and really good prices!

Just be aware that in a set, the ditchable weight pockets will account for 70-90€,

Take this into account when comparing prices.

My daretodive is pretty nice

I have had the hydros for over 2 years, 120ish dives on it from carribean, to Pacific, to cold water dives on it. Has held up really well with no issues. It travels exceptionally well, I can fit all my gear except wetsuits in the backpack and it meets the personal item size on airlines and doesn't use up my carry-on or check bags allowance. It drys really well so lighter trip home after traveling. Has enough lift to get my fat butt up with cold water gear. Disappears whole diving so it feels less restrictive. Keep in mind that the members of this forum are the more vocal of the diving community, so there are tons of people who dive this bcd and never post anything or have issues.

I have had the hydros for over 2 years, 120ish dives on it from carribean, to Pacific, to cold water dives on it. Has held up really well with no issues. It travels exceptionally well, I can fit all my gear except wetsuits in the backpack and it meets the personal item size on airlines and doesn't use up my carry-on or check bags allowance. It drys really well so lighter trip home after traveling. Has enough lift to get my fat butt up with cold water gear. Disappears whole diving so it feels less restrictive. Keep in mind that the members of this forum are the more vocal of the diving community, so there are tons of people who dive this bcd and never post anything or have issues.

I find it a great value for the money, quality and an internationally established, stable and trustworthy awesome brand.

I was really happy about the hydros pro during my four dives in South Africa and I talked to the owner of the dive center where they rent these BCDs and she told me that they are quite happy with them.

I am still interested in a backplate wing setup but if I cannot try one I might really go for the hydros pro and I will see afterwards if I want to make the transition.
The XDEEP Xeos + weight pockets + trim pockets is actually at the same prices as the hydros.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

both of Tecline and Xdeep are Polish companies and you can order them from Poland
Wings for doubletanks - DIVING-STORE.net
Skrzydła do nurkowania, płyty stalowe i uprzęże do nurkowania - DIVEZONE - Twój sklep nurkowy
Skrzydła do nurkowania, płyty stalowe i uprzęże do nurkowania - DIVEZONE - Twój sklep nurkowy
there some differences Teclines webbing is softer but overall its very good stuff for a good price both wings like the Sidemount gear here is another store with disent inuf prices, good lock

both of Tecline and Xdeep are Polish companies and you can order them from Poland
Wings for doubletanks - DIVING-STORE.net
there some differences Teclines webbing is softer but overall its very good stuff for a good price both wings like the Sidemount gear here is another store with disent inuf prices, good lock

I need to check these :D

P.S.: diving-store.net is indeed cheaper than the one I linked, at least for the items I am considering.

Hi all, I am also in the market for scuba dive equipment and have been looking at the Scubapro Hydros myself. Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Going on a cruise in March and would like to get all my equipment together for my port stop scuba excursions.

@Svart please report back on what you buy!

Hi,
I ended up ordering a Hydros pro...

the options for backplate + wing were interesting but I liked diving with the hydros pro and I didn’t have the possibility to try a backplate + wing locally. So I went for what I tried.

I hope it will arrive this week and I will give my impressions as soon as I go diving with it!

Congrats! It’s a great BC! My girlfriend is considering it but it’s slightly expensive for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom