New diver. Need help with gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I completely disagree that you need those exact fins. I do recommend that you buy a quality fin, otherwise you will find yourself shopping again very soon if you do stick with diving. Good quality and well fitting fins and mask are a priority. If you do decide you want hotshot, I have a pair, regular size, well loved with some scratches from shore diving but otherwise in great shape. PM me if interested. I'll also throw in a pair of 3 mm boots size small if I can find them for the GF. No pink on them but maybe she can tie a ribbon on them...

haha thanks. her boots are black anyway. He said I should get the aqualung express adj, or the slingshot. that the TUSA's would be bad for me being a larger guy... the dive guy on chat with leisure pro said the tusas are fine and that he knows plenty of larger people who use them.

if you have a dive shop in your area, I would check out there selection and try on some gear. personal items like masks, boots, and fins fit different on different people.

for example: I take a size 9 shoe but wear a size 8 5mil soft boot and a size 9 7mil soled boot. I have 3 masks only 1 doesn't leak at all.

on average expect to spend between $100-$150 on you personal items each for your OW class. rent as much as you can until you find out if you really like diving.

hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks man. We went yesterday to a local dive shop but the package price was high and my opinion you didn't get what you paid for. Basic stuff. Genesis goggles and thruster fins etc but priced $$$.

So far with buying offline but still buying our masks in store we will have spent around $200.00 for just personal basic gear. Same as in store but better gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom