new diver looking for buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
looking for Buddy's in the Port Charlotte Tampa area looking to buddy up for some dives this winter. I'm going to have some time on my hands this winter having shoulder surgery in November and i will have three months of recovery. so around December January. i am looking to vacation with my father in Port Charlotte. anyone interested in diving?

will drive with in 100 miles of Port Charlotte for a good dive.

Sure, I'll dive with ya. I gotta warn ya though, the weather may cause issues. Last year my last dive was Christmas eve & I didn't get out again until April. We had a lot of fronts & the water got real cold. Hopefully this winter will be better.:)

OK i am use to the north east cold water. 50-60 does it get that cold down there? i am game for any dive that gets me in the water. ill be in port Charlotte area in January. looking to stay at my fathers place for a couple of weeks. oh i forgot to mention is I'm only going to have the use of one arm and hopefully some use of my right arm. I'm going in for rotator cuff surgery in November and they say I'm going to be down for three months. but they didn't say i couldn't dive. so ill just be a little bit slower don and doffing gear but its not something i haven't done before.

the saying "come wipe my but!" just popped in to my head. its something that the wife and i joke about.by the way to all the parents out there ive got five kids. so if you have kids, you have herd that saying before.:rofl3::rofl3:

On my Christmas Eve dive the water temp was 62. I believe our low for the winter was 49.

OK its getting closer to this time of year. is the water temp around ______????. am i going to need the dry suit or is it still going to be some what nice enough to dive wet? still on track for being there the end of February. looking forward to getting in some big pond diving. been stuck in the little mud puddles up here in the north east.

Last report, water temp was 71.

OOPS! New update. Water temp 66 in 25ft.

wow thats warm its 51 surface and 44 at ft up here in the mud pond. i am done up here until it gets back in the 50s at 40 ft cant take the chill diving wet. getting a dry suit for the spring.
i may have it for the trip at the end of February to Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom