New diver in San Diego, need buddy to take Advanced open water cert with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfelz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Scuba world!

I am a new diver with only my PADI open water cert; but i am going to the Caribbean on April 15th and would really like to have my advanced open water cert before going, which means taking the course this weekend (4/5-4/6) or next weekend (4/12-4/13). Many of the scuba shops current schedule for AOW classes dont fit my timeline. One of my options is to take a private class through sports chalet, which tacks on $200 to the tuition, BUT if i get one buddy to take it with me, its only $100 extra for each of us, and since i am a recent college grad, saving $100 really helps! There tuition is $125 plus the certification fee of $20, so in total $245 for a semi-private AOW class, which is actually still a really good price compared to what i have seen while doing my research. That price does not include rental gear, so tack on another $75 to the total if you need rental gear.

PLEASE contact me if you or anyone you know is interested!! PM me through the board or email me directly at dieseldave31@gmail.com

Thanks!

-David

Welcome aboard here and to the underwater world!!!

Feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here:
SoCal

Good luck in getting a class set up so quickly. BTW...I'm sure your quoted price does not include the boat trip(s)? Might check with Bill Powers and others for options.
Power Scuba and Power Scuba: San Diego Scuba Diving (and Beyond) (La Jolla, CA) - Meetup Great bunch of divers and alot of private instructors.

Thanks for the info Dave!

I was able to get it all set up for this weekend!! I am going through Oceanside Scuba and Swim, which is the shop i did my open water cert with, great shop, and am really happy i was able to work it out with them for this weekend. I cant wait!

Welcome aboard here and to the underwater world!!!

Feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here:
SoCal

Good luck in getting a class set up so quickly. BTW...I'm sure your quoted price does not include the boat trip(s)? Might check with Bill Powers and others for options.
Power Scuba and Power Scuba: San Diego Scuba Diving (and Beyond) (La Jolla, CA) - Meetup Great bunch of divers and alot of private instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom