New Diver in Mexico City..also buddy searching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoneWolf

Reaction score
Hello all. I was reading this board long before I became certified and all of you are partly responsible for me taking up SCUBA. Thanks!

I am American and just moved to Mexico City for work. In August I became PADI certified and got the diving bug big time. I will be living here for about 2 to 3 years. I am Advanced certified although I really haven't dived much at all. But I am aching to dive more. I am a 28 year old single man looking for a dive buddy (or buddies). For the most part I am off every weekend and I get off American and Mexican holidays so I have plenty of three day weekends open for dive trips. I don't have a car (YET) but I am more than willing to pay for the gas and tolls if someone else is driving. Ideally I would like to meet someone who is going to be here in the city for about as long as I am. You don't have to be American but being able to speak SOME English would make things easier on both of us. I speak some Spanish, and learning more every day :) If interested respond here or e-mail me at rdmag75 @ aol . com
Hope to hear from someone soon. Adios Amigos! see, I told you I was learning spanish :)

Welcome to the party line...

don

I may be in and out of Mexico City in the near future. My past trips there has not lead me to believe that there is any inland diving near mexico City. Am I wrong?

Hi Lonewolf:
Wow.......how did you end up in Mexico City? It can be a fun city if you know what you are doing a little rough if you don't.
The best part of DF is that you are less than a half days car ride to the Atlantic and the Pacific. Plus a cheap and quick flight to my favorite dive local...Cozzzz.
Not to many other places can boast the same.
I'm not coming down your way anytime soon, however I dod use to live there. Let me know if you need any advise.
Adios Compadre,

I cant help you in finding any buddies down there but merlindiver has a good point your in the middle of Paradise! sooooo Be SAFE and Enjoy and dont be a stranger here because if you ask a question here you can see for yourself you get some answer's. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom