New diver in MD!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida...

Welcome! And greetings from Baltimore!
Hi! Where do you dive around here? Maryland doesnt seem like a very good place for diving.

Most often I head down to Lake Phoenix (formerly Lake Rawlings) which is south of Richmond. The other option is Hyde's Quarry in Westminster, MD which is closer but not as much to see and the visibility can get really bad if there are lots of new divers in the water.

There's also Dutch Springs up in PA. I haven't made it there to dive yet, but it's popular with people in that area.

Otherwise, there is some shore diving at different places along the coast or it's a drive up to NJ/ NY or down to NC for one of the boats there. Beyond that you're buying a plane ticket. Or taking a very long road trip...

I plan to be at Lake Phoenix this weekend with the group of divers I've met through classes at Submerged. We're usually there once a month and folks who aren't taking a class just team up and dive.

Feel free to PM me to talk more directly.

Mark

Hi cambrann and welcome! Congratulations on completing your OW and AOW courses! Best wishes to you and safe diving! I hope you get to see and do a lot during your dive adventures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom