Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnthonyNR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Currently residing in TN. Certified for OW and Night Diving, with plans for AOW and moving into Tec hopefully next year. Only been certified for year, which I was fortunate enough to complete my certs while in Romania (Black Sea is beautiful!).

If anyone is in the Nashville area, let me know. Always looking for new people to dive with.

Welcome to the forums. That's cool that you got certified in the Black Sea!

There's a number of us from Tennessee on here (I'm in Knoxville). For a landlocked state, Tennessee actually has some decent opportunities for blowing bubbles -- while flooded rock quarries aren't the Caribbean, they can still be fun dives and are a great way to practice skills and get more comfortable in the water (which usually leads to better air/gas consumption).

I'm happy to meet up sometime for quarry dives. I'm not a drysuit diver, so now that the weather is cooling off I'll probably only dive at Gray Quarry (it has aerators that eliminate the thermoclines) until about mid-November, then I'll probably only travel to dive warm saltwater until mid-May or so when the quarries warm up again (then I'll dive at any of the quarries).

In addition to the SouthEast U.S. regional forums here on ScubaBoard (which are not super active forums) there's also a Tennessee Scuba/Free Dive Buddies group on Facebook, which is pretty active with people looking for dive buddies in Tennessee.

Welcome to the forums. That's cool that you got certified in the Black Sea!

There's a number of us from Tennessee on here (I'm in Knoxville). For a landlocked state, Tennessee actually has some decent opportunities for blowing bubbles -- while flooded rock quarries aren't the Caribbean, they can still be fun dives and are a great way to practice skills and get more comfortable in the water (which usually leads to better air/gas consumption).

I'm happy to meet up sometime for quarry dives. I'm not a drysuit diver, so now that the weather is cooling off I'll probably only dive at Gray Quarry (it has aerators that eliminate the thermoclines) until about mid-November, then I'll probably only travel to dive warm saltwater until mid-May or so when the quarries warm up again (then I'll dive at any of the quarries).

In addition to the SouthEast U.S. regional forums here on ScubaBoard (which are not super active forums) there's also a Tennessee Scuba/Free Dive Buddies group on Facebook, which is pretty active with people looking for dive buddies in Tennessee.

The thermoclines are pretty brutal locally; Pennyrile and Mermet are getting a little cold for me. My buddy and I just discussed out last dive of the season being this upcoming weekend due to the chilliness we had on the Spooky Dive over the weekend.

Knowing about Gray might extend us another month, although it is a 6 hour drive.

Also, have already joined the group on FB :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom