New diver in Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam308

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

I took my classes and confined water dives in November and my certification dives in May at Pearl Lake. I am OW certified.

I took a cruise in middle of June with my family (to bad my wife is afraid of diving) to the western carribean and dove in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I just love diving and had a great time. I would rate Grand Cayman and Cozumel as places I would like to dive again.

I don't understand why several of my certified friends are happy to dive once a year on vacation to tropical waters. It has been a little over a month since my last dive and I am already thinking about another dive.

Let me know if anyone need a dive buddy in northern Illinois.

Joe

Check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum. You can hook up with plenty of divers in your area.

Hi Joe,
Welcome to the board. It's a great place for information. If your ever around the Quad Cities PM me.
Bob

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any help, PM me direct.

:D

Sam308:
Hello all,

I took my classes and confined water dives in November and my certification dives in May at Pearl Lake. I am OW certified.

I took a cruise in middle of June with my family (to bad my wife is afraid of diving) to the western carribean and dove in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I just love diving and had a great time. I would rate Grand Cayman and Cozumel as places I would like to dive again.

I don't understand why several of my certified friends are happy to dive once a year on vacation to tropical waters. It has been a little over a month since my last dive and I am already thinking about another dive.

Let me know if anyone need a dive buddy in northern Illinois.

Joe
Hi and Welcome Joe. Couple of us will be diving in Mermet Springs, IL outside Metropolis this weekend. What part of IL are you in?

Brian

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 16 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

You'll get to dive to your heart's content with people on this board.

Dive safe!

Christian

I'm not all that far away in Indy. Let me know if you need a buddy some time. You pretty much have to travel a little to dive around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom