New diver in Florida gives a shout out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot DiverG :)

:poking:

You have just described the entirety of Florida... any particular TYPE of diving you would like to do? THis may narrow the search a tad.

NetDoc has a good point. The diving varies throughout the state. As does the quality of living, the people, and the heat.

Welcome from Virginia Beach (I grew up in Tampa/West Palm Beach) hope you have a great time diving.... it sounds like you have the bug really good. Enjoy and learn all you can.

Rich :mean:

I enjoy diving the sprigns. They stay 68 - 69 degrees year round. Often I enjoy diving them without any type of wet suit.

That is how the Devil's Den got its name. In th winter the water temp is hotter then the air temp, steam would rise from th round hole under ground.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN DIVING THE SPRINGS, DROP ME A LINE. I WILL BE TAKING THE BOAT OUT NEAR MARRIANNA TODAY

Ranz once bubbled...

Somewhere close to the water with good diving, any suggestions? :D
Ranz

Im moving to FLorida in 3 weeks and Im gonna live in Sarasota. I know people there and it is rated the 4th best place in the united states to live. There are keys and some of the best beaches in the world all up and down the coast. Plus there are dive shops all over. I have heard the water is very clear and the diving is fantastic. The best part is that being that you will live in Florida, you will never run out of new places to dive. :D .......can you guys tell how excited I am....lol

Welcome, Amber!
I just joined this board a few weeks ago, and have already made a dive at Ginnie Springs with about 9 other members- a truly outstanding group of people. Very professional and a bunch of fun to be around. Watch the Florida Conch Divers section of this board for more opportunities in the near future! BTW, I live near Gainesville- Trenton, to be exact! Don't forget you can also try spearfishing, too.
Kurt=-)

Welcome aboard Amber!

We live in St Pete. Who is your LDS? Let me know if you have trouble in the job market - I have some pull with a high profile retailer in this area. My son (also 16) is quite a diver and I'm sure would love to join your group on some local dives this summer.

Best wishes and happy bubbles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom