New diver here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys just got my OW certification a month back, and finally got my C-card last week. Also just got all my equipment. Just wondering if someone in the DFW area might be interested in making a few dives this coming weekend. I would be game for any where some what close to DFW. Anyways im free on Fri, sat, and sun.

You got all your gear and can still afford to go diving? You must be very gainfully employed! Welcome to the Swamp!

Ryan.... congrats on your O/W course and new gear.....that new gear will go along way to keeping you in the water!

With whom did you complete your course with?

Have not yet made solid plans for this weekend....hmmm?

Good luck and safe diving and welcome to the Swampers board.

:wink:

Welcome to the Swamp!
I remember well how it felt to have all that shining new gear and no firm plans to put it to use. I, too, certified in the fall, near what most folks call the end of 'dive season'. (Timeliner, you don't fall in this group...as do some others and you know who ya'll are!)
Hope you can find some dives soon. However, since you're looking at dives close to DFW, I'm guessing that you a)purchased a 7 mm suit or b)got a dry suit (but I sorta think not) or c)you have a huge tolerance for cold water. I'll be making a trip in January (no December weekends open), but even that will be to Balmorhea. Seventy degrees is about my cutoff for surface temps.
Have a great time and I hope you get some dives in soon. Again, welcome!

thanks guys, I got my Certification through, UTA. That was the main reason I went ahead with the gear purchase so I would get in the water as much as possible.

Guba- Yes I went ahead and got a 7mm wet suit. Im thinking it should be enough for down here. I would say I have a pretty good tolerance to cold, I have been known to water ski with no wet suit in Jan on PK.:D

Mack- I might can make it down there, thats not to far of a drive.

Hey, if you can ski PK in winter you oughta be able to dive it, especially with a 7. Have fun and be sure to post a report.

Welcome to the swamp. Let me know if you decide to come down Austin way for a Lake Travis dive.

I ditto what Mack says and let me know if you get to Austin area. I can be found quite often at Lake Travis Diving. Congratulations on your OW certification.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom