New diver and family dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleterry

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a lot of information from this board but had some other specific needs.

I am on a cruise in December and will have full days in Coz, Costa Maya, and Grand Cayman. I will be diving with my sons.

I have one son (13 yrs old) who wants to do his check out dives while on the trip, two other sons (18 & 15 yrs old) that are newbie divers (about 12 dives each), and a non-diver son (8 yrs old) and wife that want to snorkle at least once while we dive.

Any suggestions on which island and operation is best for
(1) check out dives
(2) easy dives to get the boys comfortable in the water
(3) family scuba/snorkle trip

Please note that Cozumel is only partially open (by next week). A maximum of only four ships will be allowed to visit on a given day. The piers are so badly damaged that your ship may bypass this port. If they do stop in Cozumel, you will have to "tender in" (causing extensive delays). Many services, outside of the main town, may not be ready for business before year end. Costa Maya, which is also in the same general vicinity, has extensive damage. I think that your best bet will be in Grand Cayman. It offers both snorkeling and scuba opportunities. (My twelve year old son is also a diver.) Best wishes and have a great vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom