New dive lake coming to Houston area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Score:

JCPOL - 1

DEE - 0 LOL!!

Regards,

Cudabait:
Score:

QUOTE]

Don't me mean, Cuda!!!
This is a FRIENDLY discussion. No scorekeeping allowed!!!

Dee learned about acid leaching and I learned about the African Cichlids!

**LOL**

Actually Blue Lagoon is not acidic it is alkaline. The pH is above 7.0 not below

jcpol:
Cudabait:
Score:

QUOTE]

Don't me mean, Cuda!!!
This is a FRIENDLY discussion. No scorekeeping allowed!!!

Dee learned about acid leaching and I learned about the African Cichlids!

**LOL**

Yeah, Cuda....just a friendly exchange of info. I never thought of leaching but now it makes perfect sense. I'm still not sure about the sandstone, tho! :D Whatever it's made of, that water is hard on your gear!

eeg0323:
Actually Blue Lagoon is not acidic it is alkaline. The pH is above 7.0 not below

Not so sure of that, everyone I have talked to states it is acidic...pH less than 7.0. And according to the Blue Lagoon web site, it is low pH and the main reason is the water filtering through the Pine Needles and surrounding area.

http://www.bluelagoonscuba.com/about.htm

Has anyone heard when the Clute diving facility is supposed to open?

Here's some infomation from another site:

9-8-06:
The new shop is almost complete. They are working on the floors, paint, etc. The parking lot and landscaping are set to commence next week. We are working on the lake itself also. The sides are being sloped, articles and items placed where they are supposed to go, and the cave system is being installed.
We should be in the new shop by October 1st. Come see us!
Mike and Michelle

9-30-06:
Just wanted to let ya'll know that Hydrosports is moving into the new shop this weekend and early part of next week. The building was turned over to us late yesterday, and we are moving in today and tomorrow. The pool will be complete Monday or Tuesday. We should be open for business either Wednesday or Thursday. Landscaping won't be complete for another week or two. We are still working in the (soon to be) lake, and putting lots of stuff in the pit. The cave system has over 120' of cave already in place, with several more sections to go. Parking lot has been poured, and will be striped this week. Come see us when you can!
Michelle, Cayman Jaxson, and Mike

10-02-06:
The lake should have at least two spots in it that are over 60' deep. Majority of lake will be 35'-40'. Easiest way to get to the lake from Houston is to take 288 south into Lake Jackson. At Lake Jackson, 288 and Hwy 332 merge. Stay on 288/332 as if you were going to Surfside. As you are looping around Lake Jackson, you will start seeing Dow Chemical on your right. On you left you will take the Dixie Drive exit. Follow Dixie Drive north across Plantation, past Brazoswood Drive, and we will be on the right. Approximately 1 1/2 miles north of 288/332. Our phones are set to be swapped over to the new location today, hopefully. As soon as possible, calls will be forwarded to my cell until the new phones are in. Shop phone number stays the same.
Come see us!
Address is: 330 North Dixie Drive
Bldg A
Lake Jackson, Tx 77566

I say we plan a big swampers weekend get-away when the place is finally flooded.

Willie

wet-willie:
I say we plan a big swampers weekend get-away when the place is finally flooded.

Willie

Kind of a South meets North, East & West? Invite me!!!

We had the pleasure of meeting Mike last spring at Aquarena. He had a group certifying at the same time that we were there for the Scientific Diver course. We were excited when we met with him and he told us the future plans for the dive park. We just wish it were closer to home, I'm with Ken! Probably won't be a weekend trip for us, but we could definitely do a 3-4 dayer. I missed where it says when the park is supposed to open, can someone help me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom