New Desert dweller to the forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Dive Safe....................Arduous

Desert dwellers unite! I'm currently living outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Is there any worthwhile diving in Arizona, or do you have to travel?

Hi Chris:

Welcome again to the forum..... Have fun.....

Hello Chris!

A welcome wish from the warm waters of Asia. Wish you all the best for OW. You'll gonna love it. Just remember, we've been through it all and made a few blunders on the way.

Dive safe! Cheers.:wink:

and a WARM Belated Friendly Welcome from ARIZONA, the *&^^ my A/C Broke state...or is it the I thought this was suppose to be a Dry heat...

Glad to have you here :balloon:

it is never to hot underwater

Thanks for the "welcomes' from everyone. It feels good to have finally found a good, ACTIVE forum that i know I can always reference for any question or concern.

I do have a question or 2 for some of the local AZ divers (SCUBAKristey and FISHKILLER come to mind).

IMHO, when looking for an instructor(s) to assist me in getting started, I feel that quality takes a severe precedence over quantity that some of the local LDS's take.

I'm by no means independently wealthy and would like to get my OWC going ASAP. I'm not particular to whichever organization to get certification from whether it be PADI, NAUI, SSI, etc. My first priority underwater, above all, is safety. Not just mine, but the safety of those I dive with. I'm seeking someone/somewhere that will be able to provide me with that level of quality instruction.

I don't think my expectations are set too high in this regard. Please correct me if it seems that way. Originally I had been looking for who had the "best deal". That doesn't seem as important to me now, though.

So I guess the main question is.. do any of you have any good word-of-mouth referrals for me? I want the best possible training I can come by.

Thanks in advance,

Chris=-)

Back
Top Bottom