New Depth Record Today on Inspiration 224m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Ullman said that the electronics failed completly, not only sensors and taht he will only tell more about what failed if he gets the OK from APD.
;-0

I think they have done their personal records, but not the YBOD´s, since 2 of then failed before even reaching the depths.

db8us once bubbled...
Chris Ullman ... will only tell more about what failed if he gets the OK from APD.
Somehow I doubt MP will okay that.:(

He could have been diving an RB80, you know. They never have electronic failurers :wink: Do you know to which depth/pressure they've been tested?

caveseeker7 once bubbled...

He could have been diving an RB80, you know. They never have electronic failurers :wink: Do you know to which depth/pressure they've been tested?

We had them down to 124m in the cave.
It looks like we will take them deeper this year...

It could be gossip - but I was told from a reliable source who knows the divers that the failures were all due to the thin alarm face collapsing and water getting inside shorting the electronics. He has seen photos of the collapsed alarms. Time will tell if this is just gossip.

idiot fish once bubbled...
It could be gossip - but I was told from a reliable source who knows the divers that the failures were all due to the thin alarm face collapsing and water getting inside shorting the electronics. He has seen photos of the collapsed alarms. Time will tell if this is just gossip.

The information that I have seen was that the audible alarms imploded at depth... the impact was that one one unit it led to total electronics failure, on the others various levels of troubles..

caveseeker,

no my infinito didn't show in time :(

The nemesis from OMG had problems...

the hammerhead is tested to a bit over 700fsw, this is the limit of the pressure transducer..

ZeroG was a blast.... it was funny hearing some of the dive briefings.. on one dive it went something like this..
"rob will be leading the deep group... and I'll be staying shallow max depth 225-250fsw...."

Kinda funny when you start thinking of a 250ft dive as a shallow dive....

We had a good mix of RBs, 2 cis lunars, 5 megs, 1 nemesis, and lots of inspirations.. (I had the only hammerhead)

Zero G is being extended to 2 boats next year, 1 for SCR divers, and the manta for CCR divers.. 13 spots are already booked!

padiscubapro once bubbled...
The information that I have seen was that the audible alarms imploded at depth...
Those are required for CE cert - see what the little stamp gets you?
Maybe that's a bit that needs re-engineering.

the hammerhead is tested to a bit over 700fsw, this is the limit of the pressure transducer..
Just the thing to have, isn't it. Does it replace the factory alarm? Better having your teeth rattled loose than your rig pass out.

no my infinito didn't show in time :(
Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to some Infinito news. Preferably good ... then again, probably made it easier to the Caymans since you had something to look forward to.

ZeroG was a blast.... We had a good mix of RBs, 2 cis lunars, 5 megs, 1 nemesis, and lots of inspirations.. (I had the only hammerhead)
Do tell. Reg's site is down, so you're going to have to supply the report.:D
Does his computer have an audible alarm?

Now that's deep, real deep. Just a quick question.. at that sort of depth can you see anything? Is it black like a night dive? Any life swimming past you?

... at that depth, blackice. :wink:

I' sure there is some life at that depth. Much of it probably unexplored. Richard Pyle has been exploring the 'Twilight Zone' (200-400+ft.) for several years and discoverd plenty of new species. The las Howard Hall I-max film was about some of those dives. I doubt the 'Black Zone' will come anytime soon, even with CCRs. More likely they'll be explored by small 1ata submarines, much like Sylvia Earle does.
But there is life down there ....

Those are required for CE cert - see what the little stamp gets you?
Maybe that's a bit that needs re-engineering.

Just the thing to have, isn't it. Does it replace the factory alarm? Better having your teeth rattled loose than your rig pass out.

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to some Infinito news. Preferably good ... then again, probably made it easier to the Caymans since you had something to look forward to.

The hammerhead replaces the entire head so no ap audible alarm.. the current hammerhead has no audible alarm, he is supposed to be adding one into the controller on the next revision..

Personally I hate audible alarms.. flashing indicators are good enough... on the HH DIVA there is a vibrator that will go off if the po2 drops below .19 or hits 1.8, there is no way this can be missed..

ANd its probably permanently down.. due to disagreements with the current distributor for the americas, sunset house is no longer selling inspirations.. the entire staff will eventually switch over to Megs.. Several orders have already been placed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom