New Deep 6 DGX reg at Dive Gear Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
New Deep 6 DGX regulator available exclusively thru Dive Gear Express.

A few months ago DGX approached us about being the supplier for the DGX Regulator packages. Our business model at Deep 6 is different and not at all the traditional approach of scuba brands.

The DGX Regulator packages have always been aggressively priced high performance regulators well packaged in the systems and price points that many divers are looking for.

Frankly, our Deep 6 regulator was too expensive to produce to try and "make it fit" the DGX package model.

What we did know was that we could provide DGX with an awesome product that would more than compete with other offerings.

The Deep 6 DGX first stage is a proven first stage. Compared to the Deep 6 Aegaeon first stage available from the Deep 6 website or at selected Deep 6 Demo centers it's a bit larger, the turret won't rotate 360 degrees with a hose on the 4 LP side ports where the Deep 6 Aegaeon will rotate fully no matter if every LP port is used. The Aegaeon is chromed then PVD coated for greater corrosion and scratch and dent protection versus the DGX that is only chromed. The Aegaeon has a teflon coated HP poppet and Teflon O ring in the balance chamber giving greater performance versus the standard poppet and viton in the DGX. The Aegaeon has a metal DIN wheel, the DGX plastic. The Aegaeon comes with a special DIN Cap that has a spare DIN O ring in it, the DGX a standard DIN cover. The Aegaeon ships with a hard case, the DGX doesn't. The Aegaeon has free service parts, the DGX doesn't.

The DGX second stage and the Deep 6 Aegaeon second stage are different case designs. The Deep 6 Aegaeon second stage barrel is Teflon coated over chrome, the DGX only chromed, the Deep 6 Aegaeon has our exclusive Turbine Poppet, the DGX does not. Again the Deep 6 Aegaeon has free service parts where the DGX does not.

In short you now have two Deep 6 reg choices, a REALLY SOLID reg in aggressively priced packages at DGX and a AWESOME reg that is an amazing value at Deep 6 in the Deep 6 Aegaeon

This is awesome. I was just looking for a backup first and second to bring with me on vacation dives and to serve double duty on the pony bottle that I'll eventually get. The DGX/D6 regs would match my Deep 6 set and give me enough left over for a couple extra dives!

So the A stood for Aegaeon?

Looks like the DGX regs come in "Tech black"

Last edited:
Interesting.

Curious to hear how service will be handled? What are the recommended service intervals on the DGX/Deep 6 regulator? Can we still send them to you for service?

How would we get service kits? I don't see them listed on the DGX reg parts page. Is it the same parts kit that we would just order off of the Deep 6 site?

So the A stood for Aegaeon?
upload_2017-4-19_9-38-3.jpeg

Huh?

The first stage looks strangely familiar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom