New DCS field study happening at Bell Island Mines, Newfoundland.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
That's cool. Dr. Neal has done this for a number of years on the Spree, and at Innerspace. He also takes urine samples to determine dehydration, the vampires draw blood, and one year we did EKGs also. I have a normal sinus rhythm, BTW. Just so you know. :)

Dr. Kernagis is also an accomplished researcher. She's been looking at genetic markers for years and (to some extent) waiting for the science to catch up with her ideas.

In comparison to another thread that's been going on: I really wish actual science was as sexy as going to 2,000 feet deep using only a single aluminum 80 of air.

This is an awesome project, though. Been following it on Facebook with great interest!

Diving portion of the project wrapped up last weekend. The DAN / Dr. Pollock research was a blast and collected a mass of data from a bunch of us. I have lots of holes in my arms and a new respect for Neal and Stefanie (research assistant)... they work bloody hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom