New Cozumel video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Verrrrrryyyyy nice!!!! I love your music choice - relaxing, peaceful, majestic! What tracks did you use?

Just watching that made my breathing slow down. I had to cut the last part of my vacation short in February and come home as my father was dying. And I didn't feel much like diving between when I got the news and when I was able to get flights rearranged. So this was a nice pick-me-upper. Thanks.

Outstanding quality. Thanks for posting.

Art

Beautiful video! Words can never do justice in describing the colors and beauty underwater.

Verrrrrryyyyy nice!!!! I love your music choice - relaxing, peaceful, majestic! What tracks did you use?

The music is the product of Danny Elfman. I believe the music in the video is from the movie 'Edward Scissorhands'.

Last edited:
Great video. have done all those except Tunich. Maybe next time.

Glad everyone enjoyed the video. I use a Sony HVR-V1u camera in an equinox housing. I only use natural lighting unless im shooting macro, then sometimes ill bring a little light, but everything on this video is ambient light. I have a red filter on the front of the housing of course and have the camera settings +7 color, and +5 color phase, and I am setting my white balance all the time, the light is changing down there all the time as clouds pass. I just use the white sand most of the time, and depending on what type of shots im doing the distance from the sand should change (the further you are the more red the picture will be)

I use Sony Vegas editing software, I did a little color correction just adding some contrast and reducing saturation on some. I shoot in 30p and try to have a 1/60 shutter speed if possible, unless im doing something where I need a shallower dof then ill have to modify it to get a wider aperature. This is all pretty difficult with my little knobs on the equinox housing trying to change the settings all the time, especially when the marine life doesnt wait for me to take my shot.
Im still learning myself so if anyone has some tips I would love to hear them. And I will copy this into the videography forum as well.

Alright the sun is out and I need to get to work, thanks for all the compliments.

Randy

oh yea the music is Danny Elfman from Edward Scissorhands

Back
Top Bottom