New computer to replace oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, now that I have dived a SW Peregrine, I’m thinking that I’ll get an original Perdix for redundancy and AI—at a discount now that Perdix 2 is out. But recall that I have history with Garmin that swayed me in another direction. YMMV.

I will read your desire for a "watch" as meaning "wrist mount" instead of "hose/console mount".
And that makes a bunch of the Shearwater line fit perfect.

Went from an Oceanic to Shearwater about 8 years ago. Still happy about it to this day.

Deep 6 Excursion. Under $400, Buhlmann ZHL-16c algorithm, new firmware coming soon.

This. Easy to use.

In practice I don’t see much need to worry about conservative vs aggressive algorithms. I posted a review of the Excursion and the Genesis Centauri (executive summary: get the Excursion) and from conservative to aggressive there really isn’t much difference between them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom