New Carbon 42 - Sweet Weight / Look... Significant "flutter"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi BrettA:

Well, as it happens, mine is symptom free now. I didn't touch a thing. Went diving on Saturday and it breathed normally topside & underwater, not a hitch even at 100 feet. Can't explain it but I'm happy the sensation is gone.

As for NC, go for the diving and the beer. One of the board members is even a dive operator there, and has her own boat. I rather envy you heading to Tahiti. I last visited Tahiti in 1980 on my way to LAX. Just got to see the airport but I still have the fiery sunset etched into my mind.

Safe & Happy Diving
Claude

Resurrecting an old thread here to respond to c5diver, I'm just back from my trip - Hawaii and Fr. Polynesia - and phoned the dive shop that did the servicing (and sale, of course). The short story for the fix is that they just took it apart to ensure everything was together correctly - it was - and lubricated it. And yeah, I do love it - no problems at all!

And Claude, I came back early for a number of reasons - a main one is the hope for knee replacements - so didn't get past most of Hawaii, the Societies, Tuamotus and Marquesas, so New Caledonia will have to wait... but thanks for the advice - hopefully I'll get there eventually! On a personal note, I found that I liked diving around Hawaii somewhat more than Tahiti - loved places like Molokini and Molakai and I thought the reefs were generally in better shape (the dives I did around Bora Bora were really quite depressing with the devastation, for example). And while I didn't see as many hammerheads at Mokuho'oniki Rock as I'd hoped, there were more than the shark or two I saw diving Tiputa Pass. I'm not really complaining since it was all heaven - :) - after a 38 year hiatus from diving, rather, I'm just trying to compare the two. Also, since I didn't dive all that much given the time down there, my experiences might not be the norm. It was my first time visiting either and I'll absolutely be back to Hawaii... for way more than just the diving (again, Tahiti et ses isles were paradises of their own!)

Last edited:
Hi BrettA:

Nice to see that the regulator worked and that you enjoyed your visit through the South Pacific. I visited the Hawaii in July (Big Island) and had a wonderful time. Only snorkeled but was pleasantly surprised to see the difference between the waters of the Big Island and what I had known back in New Caledonia. It's so deep, so close to shore on the Big Island and I did have the chance to see a turtle. Like you, I will definitely be back to revisit Hawaii. It's such a charming place that felt a lot like my old home.

Claude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom