New Cameron 3D Movie: SANCTUM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

I just saw the preview for Sanctum, a movie supposedly based on true events during a cave dive team exploration. I did some searching and found out one of the cowriters, Andrew Wright, loosley based this film on an experience during one of his expeditions. It should prove to be an interesting film, and of course, I can't wait to hear from all the divers, especially the cave community, their thoughts on the film.

I have a feeling I will enjoy the film if I leave my brain at the door, but one can hope for a great dive adventure film! :popcorn:

Here is an interview with Wright and other contributors to the film:

Exclusive Interview: Sanctum Director Alister Grierson - ComingSoon.net

Enjoy!
Carolyn:shark2:

saw the previews for this also, I just hope it is better than The Cave.

So you were a stunt diver in the movie. Excellent!

I haven't seen the preview, but hope to see the movie soon. So in the restrictions, how did they manage to film? Or did they use a larger section of cave and make it look like a restriction?

Andrew Wright, loosley based this film on an experience during one of his expeditions.

Just to clarify - this movie was more inspired by his experience rather than based on it. (I wouldn't even call it loosly based). With my understanding of both - The movie, and what happened at Pannikin Plains on the Nullarbor couldn't be further from each other. About all they have in common is cave divers, a cave, a storm and a collapse. :)

I CANNOT ever allow my wife to see this movie...or else I shall NEVER be able to get my cave card. I'm just sayin'...lol

Back
Top Bottom