New Buddy Checklist...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you can build a system for responding to problems that is based on you carrying all the redundant gas and redundant equipment, and CESAing in the last exigency. Or you can build a system that distributes reserves among a team, and train the team to stay together. They are different ways to approach the question (and everybody needs to think about it). I personally think that developing the skills to keep track of my team is easier than coming up with a solution to all the problems that could happen, and has additional advantages in making my own dive easier, because I don't have to bring EVERYTHING I could possibly need, AND I have a team of other brains to help solve problems. JMHO.

Sweetee, you can be my buddy-dependent buddy anytime, if your hubby for whatever reason can't make the dive. He seems cool too.

My own policy however is never to be buddy dependent for any reason.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: But it is not as heavy without tank:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I really can't belive that! Must be the brother of the DM who tried to screw my DIN into the INT valve

My wife and I do 2 cruises a year, on several dive excursons I noticed fellow "experienced" divers putting on their bc's BEFOREputting on their tanks!!!! Not my buddy thankyou!!!!!

Another thing which can be useful to discuss: What kind of DAN insurance do you have?

If something were to happen to me, people would have to call Italy to get things going.

(Unfortunately, DAN is not global :()

bugger El, i forgot about the buddy check on thursday!!!!

oh well, at least your air was turned on :wink:

heheheheh - ive never dived with someone that showed me his DAN card and gave such detailed instructions on who to call before :D

Example: most BCDs can dump air by pulling hard on the corrugated hose. That will result in a broken wing if you try that on my BP/W. Better to discuss this beforehand etc..

Actually, I'm just writing an article for my dive club magazine on things a recreational diver should know when paired up with a tec/DIR equipped buddy. It's in Dutch, so I won't post it here but I'll PM it to you if you like - any comments you have might be interesting.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: But it is not as heavy without tank:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I really can't belive that! Must be the brother of the DM who tried to screw my DIN into the INT valve

That's even worse than the guy on my tec course who put an INT regulator on a DIN valve and couldn't work out why the gas was blasting out when he opened the tank :shakehead:

Actually, I'm just writing an article for my dive club magazine on things a recreational diver should know when paired up with a tec/DIR equipped buddy. It's in Dutch, so I won't post it here but I'll PM it to you if you like - any comments you have might be interesting.
Send it over please. You may also want to consider translating the final version to post here. :)

bugger El, i forgot about the buddy check on thursday!!!!

oh well, at least your air was turned on :wink:

heheheheh - ive never dived with someone that showed me his DAN card and gave such detailed instructions on who to call before :D
Just being thorough...

That's even worse than the guy on my tec course who put an INT regulator on a DIN valve and couldn't work out why the gas was blasting out when he opened the tank :shakehead:

well there are valves which are DIN, but when you screw in an insert it is INT. Actually I always check the ORing before using DIN or INT. That the point where everyone should figure out that something is wrong (if there is no Oring at all).:confused:

El Orans, I really liked your OP. It is often forgotten or ignored. Showing a DAN card...I have never head or that but I do tell them I have DAN and the member number can be found on the front page of my dive log. No I did not purchase the DAN tags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom