New BP/W user. Would appreciate some advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need an advice. Just got hold of Apeks rig, SS backplate, #30 wing and one piece harness. If I set it up as people here say it supposed to be ( touch top of backplate, three fingers under shoulder straps), it is quite easy to don and doff. But when I put it on with tank and everything, it just sags, it is against my back, but just sit low. So, should I snug it up by pulling on waist strap, since it does slide through plate slots, and when need to doff, pull on shoulder straps to return it to start position, or just stop worrying, it will be fine in the water?

So, should I snug it up by pulling on waist strap, since it does slide through plate slots, and when need to doff, pull on shoulder straps to return it to start position, or just stop worrying, it will be fine in the water?

When you get the straps where you want them, add tri-glides to the botton of them @the back of the plate to keep them in place.
images
(Not me)

I did put them, but manual says to put them on waist strap to stop from going back, not to stop from tightening them. Like I said, it all looks great until I put tank on.

Attachments

• 20151128_190210.jpg
    20151128_190210.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
I need an advice. Just got hold of Apeks rig, SS backplate, #30 wing and one piece harness. If I set it up as people here say it supposed to be ( touch top of backplate, three fingers under shoulder straps), it is quite easy to don and doff. But when I put it on with tank and everything, it just sags, it is against my back, but just sit low. So, should I snug it up by pulling on waist strap, since it does slide through plate slots, and when need to doff, pull on shoulder straps to return it to start position, or just stop worrying, it will be fine in the water?

It will be fine underwater.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after a lot of research.....I have decided to take the plunge. I called DSS, spoke to Tobin and after recieving great advice, ordered the BP/W Hog harness setup that would work for my tropical diving needs.
My intent is to use this strictly for tropical recreational diving. I have no plan to move into technical type diving at all. So my question is whether or not my current equipment would work for this or would I be more suited in purchasing other equipment? I currently have a standard recreational reg and octopus with an Aeris Atmos AI computer/compass console. After much reading, it appears that many of you use a SPG and wrist computer in lieu of a console type computer etc.
Thanks in advance for any information you can pass along and I am looking forward to recieving my new DSS kit shortly.
Your are getting great advice here. They are right on. I'm not a tech diver but have a Perdix and love it.

As for your reg configuration, anything that works for you is good, and trying different hoses is not that expensive . I use a snorkel a lot in my diving, so the 5' and 7' hose didn't work for me and I found a 40" and swivel work for me. The bungee backup was an easy choice, as I had them on my double hose and later on a single hose second before the safe second.

A buddy of mine uses a standard hose and an Air II on his BP/W. The choices are wide.

Bob

You might end up feeling your high pressure hose is now too long. With a clean front, you don't need a long hose to get around stuff.

As for your reg configuration, anything that works for you is good, and trying different hoses is not that expensive . I use a snorkel a lot in my diving, so the 5' and 7' hose didn't work for me and I found a 40" and swivel work for me. The bungee backup was an easy choice, as I had them on my double hose and later on a single hose second before the safe second.

A buddy of mine uses a standard hose and an Air II on his BP/W. The choices are wide.

Bob

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 247

Sorry, I thought we were talking about choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom