New Bonaire flight - just $366 ROUND TRIP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Bonaire has announced that a new flight from Charlotte will start shortly. The introductory round-trip fare is just $366! This is something worth checking out!

New Bonaire Flight Just $366!

Bonaire is one of the best places to dive in the world BUT the challenge has always been getting there. This new flight should help A LOT!!!!

BonaireInsel.jpg

Just read carefully what you're getting for the savings. A group of us started to book the flight. The baggage allowance drops quite a bit once you get to Curacao. You also have to pay the departure taxes at both airports. The real kicker on us was when we got ready to book the flight, they changed the return flight from Bonaire from Saturday morning to Friday night. That left us with a 15 hour layover. A few days later, things had changed back. The price is great but sometimes it is just more hassle than we were willing to pay for.

The problem is: it's really a twice-weekly trip from CLT to CUR on the big jet.
Once in CUR, getting to BON is the same as always, a bunch of small puddle-hopper planes.
So if more than a few folks on the CLT-CUR flight want to continue on to BON, the convenient Insel connecting flight sells out and you end up staying overnight in CUR at your own expense.

I too saw the price, then started looking at connections and the travel times. For me it would be PHL - CLT - CUR - BON, that is a lot of up and down, haul the bags, run to gates...Unless I was going for a month or more, I wouldn't try it. I'll stick with Cont EWR - BON redeye or Delta PHL - ATL - BON. Miss the Air Jamaica morning champagne flight since they pulled the route...

Plane broke down and have to be stuck in Charlotte until Sat, the next Insel flight. Now I have to shift my vac there in Bonaire to end the next Sat instead of Wed, and my Charlotte to NYC ticket cannot be rescheduled given I could not buy the NYC to Bonaire as one continuous trip, so I ended up having to buy new Charlotte to NYC tickets.

Lwang - Bonaire is always a challenge to get to! Wish you luck continuing on your trip and getting some recompense from Insel.

I have never really had a problem getting to Bonaire.
AA through Miami to Curacao and then DIVI DIVI over to Bonaire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom