New Boat, what ya think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice SIB :)

What is your other boat?

Thanks, my other boat is a 2007 Calabria Pro V. Had fun this last summer at the local lakes and rivers.

I might be in Monterey on the 12-13th, if i get my Drysuit class taken care of this weekend so i can try out my new Whites Fusion suit in the cold monterey waters.

I just dove my Fusion over the weekend for the first time. I like it, but am going to miss some of the features my CF200 offered. Like my cuff dump, that made venting super easy while on the trigger. Plus when the water gets cold the extra thermal layer is going to be sadly missed. I need to start building a demand valve so I can pump argon into my tanks too. Staying warm when the water is 47 degrees is a little harder than the 50 degrees it is now.

FWIW if you are going to be diving from a boat I would make sure you are coming up from a shallow depth since more than likely you will cork a few times in the beginning of drysuit diving. Nitrox and keeping the NDL's far away would be a good thing.

I just dove my Fusion over the weekend for the first time. I like it, but am going to miss some of the features my CF200 offered. Like my cuff dump, that made venting super easy while on the trigger. Plus when the water gets cold the extra thermal layer is going to be sadly missed. I need to start building a demand valve so I can pump argon into my tanks too. Staying warm when the water is 47 degrees is a little harder than the 50 degrees it is now.

FWIW if you are going to be diving from a boat I would make sure you are coming up from a shallow depth since more than likely you will cork a few times in the beginning of drysuit diving. Nitrox and keeping the NDL's far away would be a good thing.

good to know, its kinda scary thinking about the extra dangers envolved when diving dry. I will def take my time getting used to it and learn the suit from front to back. HAHA I am such a noob at diving dry.

I think you are going to need to take off your dive gear before attempting a climb aboard. I think your going to need a dive flag and a LOT of anchor line. I know you are going to want to crab upstream or into the current, and listen carefully for boat engines before making an ascent. I think you should consider sending up a tethered sausage prior to making an ascent. I think you should be reminded, there are theives on the water and boat hulls kill divers. I think you should know we had an incident here that speaks to these things.

Dive safely and have a good time!

Learn to navigate back to the anchor line, and come up the anchor line
and surface next to the boat. You'll need some tag lines for your tank,
camera, etc. Make camera tag lines from bungie cord, and long enough that
even Shaq in freediver fins couldn't kick it from the surface.

Make camera tag lines from bungie cord, and long enough that
even Shaq in freediver fins couldn't kick it from the surface.

Chuck, I going to show my ignorance and ask that you please explain this comment. I have not been able to puzzle out what you are saying. :confused4: Would you mind educating me?

I get what Chuck is saying. For camera tag lines put overboard you want a shock cord. The length should be long enough that someone can not kick them with their long freediving fins. Maybe 8+ feet below the surface?

I made a line to use between my kayaks out of hollow core webbing with bungee tied inside and stainless clips sewn onto the ends. Gives it a restricted amount of stretch. Just happens to work perfect as a dock line, a tag line, and probably other things I have not yet discovered.

What I do not get is Lee Taylors post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom