New boat. Rusty divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

53-pilot

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My best friend and I have had a deal if he bought a boat I would buy some tanks. Well, he just got a 22 ft cuddy, and I just dropped some money on hp 117s. Have not been in the water for a couple years (deployments and such). Going for a shore dive or worst case scenario Raleigh, NC quarry to knock off the rust next week and then we are going to be exploring the NC coast. Looking for recommendations on personal boat diving / NC wreck diving / advise on hog rigs (we both have BP and wings but everything else is standard newb gear) . Look forward to hours of reading and hopefully some good conversation.

Have you thought of engaging an instructor for a one-day refresher?

I did that last time I went a year and a half without diving. Completely uninterested in doing it again. That being said all my gear is being professionally inspected.

Leave a boat qualified person on the boat while you and your buddy are diving. Lots of stories of divers coming up after a dive only to find their boat has drifted off or the divers have come up in the wrong spot.

Welcome to SB!

Are the wives certified in first aid, CPR, etc? Will you have O2 on board? Just some things to think about when diving off your own boat.

Ray

Boat load to think about. Sounds like you're livin' the dream. Have fun. Dive safe. :)

Thanks for the welcome and comments. Luckily my wife is a nurse but I like o2 idea, is there any cert that goes into using oxygen. I will look into getting a rescue diver course soon also.

I just finished a stress / rescue course through Louisville Dive Center / SSI. Before the diving part of the course you get certified in "Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries" through DAN, basic first aid, and CPR / AED's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom