New BCD: Atomic Aquatics BC1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rule number two of Scubaboard:

No matter what question is posed, someone will try and convince the OP to try a BPW as a better solution to the problem, no matter how irrelevant a BPW is to the original question.

Example: What is the best pasta to eat with Arabiatta sauce?
Answer 1: Tastes much better in a BPW - you'll choke if you eat it in a poodle jacket.
Follow up: Tastes even better if the BPW is from DSS. (Extra point for mentioning DSS).

The rule above must be ESPECIALLY enforced in any thread in which the OP specifically states that they do not want advice about changing to a BPW. (You also get SB bonus points if you can also mention Shearwater in a follow up post).
This goes hand in hand with pushing DIR and GUE.

I’d love to hear if the OP ended up getting the bcd... because I’m getting one. I found a brand new Atomic BC1 for $550, shipped, and couldn’t say no. It should arrive next week and I’ll be taking it to the pool to see how it feels in the water, then it’s off to the Philippines for up to half a year, where it will really get put to the test doing 3+ dives a day.

I can’t really afford it, but I figure that 10 years down the road I’ll still have the jacket, but if I let a deal like paying 35% of retail (factoring in tax) get away from me on something I’ve wanted since I saw it pass me by, there’s a fair chance I’ll still be kicking myself for not snapping it up it when those 10 years have come and gone.

Back
Top Bottom