New BCD: Atomic Aquatics BC1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you...My next dive trip won't be until November (to St. Vincent). I will post my impressions when I do finally use it. We should get 16 boat dives so I should have a good chance to provide a review.

You are going to be able to contain yourself between now and then and not use your new sexy equipment until November?????? This isn't normal!!

You are going to be able to contain yourself between now and then and not use your new sexy equipment until November?????? This isn't normal!!

:)...I hear ya.

Unfortunately, other than the LDS's pool, it will have to wait until November. Most years, one warm water dive trip (typically 15-20 dives) has been what we have been doing. Some years, we have done two trips as well.

:)...I hear ya.

Unfortunately, other than the LDS's pool, it will have to wait until November. Most years, one warm water dive trip (typically 15-20 dives) has been what we have been doing. Some years, we have done two trips as well.

I'd go to the FL Keys just for a long weekend to get it out of my system and get few dives before the big trip :)

I'd go to the FL Keys just for a long weekend to get it out of my system and get few dives before the big trip :)

I hear ya, but We will be fine waiting. I would rather try out new equipment on a boat/crew that I know at a site that I have dove many times. This will make it easier to focus on adjusting to new BCD (regulator and computer as well). BTW, I like your Frogfish!

I think you're right about the price. The typical mainstream recreational diver probably won't spend that much; I suspect some divers who do spend large amounts on scuba gear (e.g.: rebreathers) may be more inclined toward BP/W use. So I'm left wondering who the target demographic is that's likely to buy this.

Then again, how many posts have we seen claiming the Atomic regulator line breathes about the same, with the exorbitantly priced models basically mildly lighter weight. Yet there are people who buy them.

Maybe we need to devise a mockup of a diver in 'full Atomic' gear (the top end stuff) and see what his setup would run.

Richard.

A kidney, lung and first born.

A $1400 poodle jacket without an inflator? Hilarious.

Rule number two of Scubaboard:

No matter what question is posed, someone will try and convince the OP to try a BPW as a better solution to the problem, no matter how irrelevant a BPW is to the original question.

Example: What is the best pasta to eat with Arabiatta sauce?
Answer 1: Tastes much better in a BPW - you'll choke if you eat it in a poodle jacket.
Follow up: Tastes even better if the BPW is from DSS. (Extra point for mentioning DSS).

The rule above must be ESPECIALLY enforced in any thread in which the OP specifically states that they do not want advice about changing to a BPW. (You also get SB bonus points if you can also mention Shearwater in a follow up post).

Rule number two of Scubaboard:

No matter what question is posed, someone will try and convince the OP to try a BPW as a better solution to the problem, no matter how irrelevant a BPW is to the original question.

Example: What is the best pasta to eat with Arabiatta sauce?
Answer 1: Tastes much better in a BPW - you'll choke if you eat it in a poodle jacket.
Follow up: Tastes even better if the BPW is from DSS. (Extra point for mentioning DSS).

The rule above must be ESPECIALLY enforced in any thread in which the OP specifically states that they do not want advice about changing to a BPW. (You also get SB bonus points if you can also mention Shearwater in a follow up post).

And HOG...

Hi, I am a so called big guy and normally have XXL jackets, e.g. Oceanic. At Atomics I see a maximum of XL......is it relatively small or bigger?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom