new batteries for dive rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I built my own video housing and lights for that was well, although the video lights didn't fair as well yesterday as the canister light. Flodded both of them.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. LOL

Scott

shoebox.msnw

MechDiver once bubbled...

Good for you! I used to do more DIY stuff, but now find my time is more limited. My Wreck HID was very reasonable, IMO, and I needed something for trimix.

Phil

DOH,
You mean Im going to need a new light when I use trimix as well!!!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

DOH,
You mean Im going to need a new light when I use trimix as well!!!

Okay, I'm goona go with this being a real question.

I had nothing that was bright enough, would burn long enough, or was (most important) not handheld. Task loading becomes a definite issue with doubles and stages, and trying to manipulate regulators or valves while hanging onto a standard dive light was not an option. Light head and Goodman handle are good things.

Phil

Not trying to pick on you AquaM but the batteries in most casnister divlites are sealed lead acid not gel cell they are not the same thing! Pads of absorbant material are used in the SLAs to hold the acid on the plates regardless of position but it is not gelled. SLAs are considered non-spillable and legal to take on planes. Gel cel batteries when you find them are much more expensive.

Battery paks are easy to make try a local emergency liting dealer since shipping is expensive you can usually get the batteries for under $15 each. Just a little soldering and maybe gluing the two batteries together with PVC plumbing cement. See McMaster Carr Online catalog for sizes.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Nearly all Sealed lead acid batteries are gel. Certainaly all non spillable cells are gel.
The UB series (from zbattery) of batteries are definatly gel.

Burn time is indicated by the Ah rating. 3.4 Amp hours is 3.4Ah no matter what it is made of, gel or liquid or NiMh

Interesting that it is offered as an upgrade.
What are they upgrading from, and what to?

As far as I know (which is little). The wreck light standard battery is a gel cell, the next step up is to go NiHM.
Dave

great tip on the lighting supply house. just the right project for after the holidays. Have a happy all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom