New Bare SB System Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree the new Bare SB System is a great suit. The first dive is did on it I was sold. You would not go wrong in you get this drysuit.

Any more dives on the SB? I tested one for 7 dives and liked it. Only problem was it was a 2XL and I'm a large. Did you get a custom fit? I am between this suit and the Bare HD Tech. Where in Eastern Canada do you dive? Warmth is a consideration as Newfoundland's water temp can get down to -1c. Any update would be appreciated.

I am in NL as well and decided on the Bare HD Tech Trilam as well. I really liked the SB but am not sure how it will hold up and I was a little cold with just the two layers of undergarments. I did not have the chance to try it with the vest as well.

Hello everyone and thanks for all the information! I have been researching drysuits for the past few months and thought the Bare SB System was the perfect fit until I read this thread. I have a few questions and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
I dive primarily in Northern California and will be starting my Divemaster course shortly after the purchase and plan on continuing on my training to be a dive instructor. It sounds like the SB system would be great for recreational use but since I plan on going the pro route, is it the best choice? My considerations are the installation of pockets for holding instructional materials and the installation of a p-valve for those long hours in the water teaching skills. Is Bare working on a solution for adding a p-valve and pockets or is the suit as is?
I'm heading out to a DUI Dog rally in Monterey in a few weeks to try several of their suits as a backup.
Any thoughts and thanks for the feedback in advance...!

I have not read this this entire thread bit I can not figure why they can't install a p-valve into this suit. The SB suit has a inflation and exhaust valve correct? A p-valve is no different than the other two valves that are already on the suit. Bare uses sitech valves, the sitech p-valve uses a through port attached to the suit just like an inflation or exhaust valve. I do have to say that Bare has been very short sighted with this suit with not addressing a p-valve or decent pockets. Bare said that a p-valve could not be installed on a nex-gen but I have had one and have been dry for a year now:idk:. Maybe send Mike at Dive Rite In Scuba a pm, I believe he posted before he was going to try a p-valve install to see if it could be done.

ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to ship.... :bored2: will post a review when it arrives.

Now I havent tried these wet yet, dry only so far. Wet in a few weeks.

I tried the new SB, and the newest model of the Whites Fusion.

The SB is a nice suit, only thing I didnt like was abit of extra material in the front. The SB is lighter than the Whites. The new Whites has replaceable seals (Neck/Wrists), and are silicon, instead of latex.

The SB feels abit more natural when worn, the Fusion of course has that stretchy wrapped kind of feeling.

Both suits have very good flexibility.

SB is easier to don and doff.

I'm still leaning towards the Whites, because this new material of the SB, even with Bares awesome warranty, its longevity is unknown. Plus the silicon/replaceable seals is an added bonus if/when traveling. (and dries faster)

Hi guys, any new updates on the SB suit ? New adopters ?

Thx for the feedback !

Ps : I'm still hesitating between Bare SB and Santi E.lite.

Bare had a nice Tech suit and they screwed it up. The valve is in a wrong place, the outer layer cannot withstand rubbing aginst harness. The seams are rubbing agains the zipper and killing it

Remove the ATR as it does nothing but letting the pants drop down

Care to elaborate on the harness wear issue? How long before you noticed any wear on the shoulders?

Where do the seams rub in the zipper?

Id agree with valve placement - 2 inches back would have been perfect.

I love the atr on mine. No need for an extra crotch strap is good.

The caveat to all this is- I only bought it two weeks ago and it hasn't been wet yet.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom