New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who can do a rebuild on these? I have one and the rebuild kit, looks like either the IP needs adjustment or it need a rebuild (causing blowby on the second stage that doesn't stop until you are at 20 feet or so.)

Mike

Yes, I agree sounds like the IP needs adjustment. It is a relatively standard balanced diaphragm first stage... Any decent service tech should be able to work on it. Especially since there's no parts issue because you already have them.

My usual LDS says their guy isn't certified on them...I'll check around. Any service guides available?

Who can do a rebuild on these? I have one and the rebuild kit, looks like either the IP needs adjustment or it need a rebuild (causing blowby on the second stage that doesn't stop until you are at 20 feet or so.)

Mike

Suggest you get the rebuild instructions from Laura. The adjustment for IP is shown in those instructions. Get yourself an IP gauge that you can plug into your BC inflator hose and you can check IP every time you dive. One of the nice things about these regs is you can easily adjust the IP without opening anything up - and you certainly don't need to be a regulator tech to make the adjustment. Just make sure you cycle the pressure to the 1st stage a number of times and check the IP after each pressure up cycle. It should lock into the setting of your choice.

You also might need to check the cracking pressure on your 2nd stage. Of course if you have breathing effort adjustment on the 2nd stage you may just need to detune it a bit.

However, actually knowing what the IP is really helps you to understand how your regs are working.

Mine seems to have an extra endcap with a black rubber diaphram on the end where the adjustment knob is supposed to be, I assume I just use a pin wrench to remove that endcap and diaphrapm and the adjustment knob is under there? It is not shown in the manual.

Mike

I need to get an IP gage, any good sources out there?

Scubatoys has one - it was hard to find on their site - easier to call. Leisure Pro also has one, but it is a little small.

Mine seems to have an extra endcap with a black rubber diaphram on the end where the adjustment knob is supposed to be, I assume I just use a pin wrench to remove that endcap and diaphrapm and the adjustment knob is under there? It is not shown in the manual.

Mike

See P. 33 of service manual. It is NOT a knob, but rather the cap itself which appears to have an opening for a hex key.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom