New artificial reef off Phuket soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

told me that they never go diving on the specific site where the planes will be sunk, because the vis is never better than 4 meters there.

Ah well, we all know why this specific site was chosen.

its pathetic isn't it........

perhaps as the planes will be stuck in Phuket till November this gives the rest of the dives ops a chance to lobby to have at least some of them sunk in a more suitable / usable place.

shame the dive shop in question isn't at the southern end of the island and then they would have been put where they should be in the first place.

"shame the dive shop in question isn't at the southern end of the island and then they would have been put where they should be in the first place."

Who owns the land in that area? I wonder if the planned site was announced secretly for the benefit of certain business owners sometime ago before the general public was informed. Again, good intent may have started this, but other issues are bound to mix in a project of this sort. We would be naive not to consider this IMO.

Who owns the land in that area? I wonder if the planned site was announced secretly for the benefit of certain business owners sometime ago before the general public was informed. We would be naive not to consider this IMO.

Call me naive but I honestly believe that this has NOTHING to do with secret conspiracies. This project has been underway for 4 years and has more to do with protection of the livelyhood of the small-scale local fishermen than anything else.

:D

Someone whispered in my ear that the planes may be sunk at Racha Yai Island instead of close to Koh Wae at Bang Tao.
It's just a whisper for now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom