New Arrival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
The doorbell rang and a small bundle was left at my doorstep.
I now have a wonderful 5.5lb baby......uuummmm setup!

The WAL arrived today. Man is it BIG! I am guessing that Wednesday or Thursday I'll baptize it.

Since I'm new to this, any pointers? Like - Do I put it on on the surface or UW? What else do I need to know?
Aloha from a Proud
Justleesa

Congratulations! I ordered mine yesterday so hope it arrives early next week:)

Obviously I have no experience with this lens but if you do put it on underwater be sure to check for bubbles!! I have seen so many people lately put their wetmate lens on, happily shoot away only to review back on land and see the bubbles in every shot!! I am guessing they forget because 1) too excited, 2) too new and it isn't a habit yet or 3) it is a habit but they just spaced it off...I am the queen of #3!

Can't wait to see the pics!

I always put mine on underwater. The port ring has small slits so the bubbles eventually work out but underwater you don't have that problem. You also can make sure there are no little 'fizzy' bubbles clinging to the port.

If you're gonna be adding/removing the lens underwater, I strongly recommend you get a Digital Lens Dock. I don't leave home without mine!

Who were your parents again? :D

I admit I am a bit afraid to use the lens w/o the lens dock...but the want to use it is greater. Do you have your WAL and lensdock on your camera insurance too?

Yep...we must be sisters! That was my parents names, too!

I just got an email from Greg saying you had ordered the DLD, recommended by Jim. Rats...he beat me to it!

would you have gotten something from it?

justleesa:
would you have gotten something from it?

No, 'course not. It's just that Jim and I seem to take turns recommending the DLD on the board and he beat me this time! Greg's a friend of mine so we laugh about it.

Back
Top Bottom