New apeks dst ip creep and leak.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valyngar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought 2 new apeks dts. Other one seems to leak a bit, only seen when opening valve and closing it. Takes about 1 min to leak 10 bars. Changed pressure meters, 2nd stages, but still leaks. Also IP creeps from 8-> over 10 bars in 2-3minutes if just left alone. When submerged hard to see small bubbles near turret coming out. So I got lemon? Should I try to fix it myself (I got the equipment) or send back (different country I bought from)

I would rebuild it as long as I have a spare kit available, but I also service my own regularly. Inspect it for a manufacturing defect during the rebuild and then return if actually defective

Inspect it for a manufacturing defect during the rebuild and then return if actually defective

Wouldn't that void the warranty?

It likely would. That creeping IP could be symptomatic of a bad HP seat; or some internal displaced o-rings. Who knows, without cracking it open? The bubbling issue may also be a bad diaphragm; have seen that issue more than a few times.

I would return it . . .

OP is from finland, no parts for life warranty to worry about. the defect warranty is unlikely to be voided as eu has right to repair in several (and why you can buy the service kits openly). lastly, good luck proving someone has opened their reg if they have the tools to service it following the manufacturer SOP. regs don't come with tamper seals like iphones.

So yeah, why not just send it back?

What is Finland's position on faulty new stuff from a store. Fix it yourself?

So yeah, why not just send it back?

What is Finland's position on faulty new stuff from a store. Fix it yourself?
EU is a standard 2 year warranty so I don't understand why anyone would not just take it back.

Back
Top Bottom