New AI Wrist Mount OCI or D41

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weezieharris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am currently in the market to purchase a new wrist mount computer. I would like something Air Integrated but will carry gauges as a back up and prefer and watch style model as my wrists are small and I do a lot of diving while traveling. After doing some research, reading reviews etc, I think I have narrowed it down to either the Oceanic OCI or the Suunto D4I. My husband has an Oceanic Atom 3.1 and I have used and am comfortable with it. It is also what my LDS carries so service wouldn't be an issue on the OCI (since neither have user replaceable batteries). Has anyone used one or both of these computers? Any feedback about the pros/cons would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Don't know anything about the OCI, but would you like a used D9?

FYI, the user can replace the battery on the Suuntos, you just need to assume the risk. Kits that include the battery, o-rings, lube, ect can be bought for $10- $25. The OCI may be the same, I don't know.

Don't know anything about the OCI, but would you like a used D9?

FYI, the user can replace the battery on the Suuntos, you just need to assume the risk. Kits that include the battery, o-rings, lube, ect can be bought for $10- $25. The OCI may be the same, I don't know.

Thank you! I guess I knew that the user could replace the batteries...I was just thinking about the warranty piece (which I know isn't a big deal) and the OCI is the same...just checked. I didn't research the D9 much just because I knew it was more than I wanted to spend. (OCI about $1100 and D41 probably around $700). Let me learn a little about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom