New 3mil full wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HRScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Time for a new 3mil full wetsuit. I dive in warm water and the feature I am most looking for is ease of putting it on and off. Is a leg zipper the answer? If so what brands should I look at. Is lava core the answer?

Your advice is appreciated

Ease of getting a suit on and off is going to be dependent on the interior material of the suit. You likely won't find an off the rack 3mm suit with leg zips, but you really shouldn't need them with a 3mm suit. You want a suit with a nylon or plush lining on the inside that will make donning and doffing the suit easy.

I have a Henderson Hyperstretch. It's quite easy to put on,compared to regular neoprene.
I also wear a Lycra-nylon skin, which makes it much easier to get any suit on. I'd never dive a wetsuit without my skin. I find the skins are very inexpensive and well worth the price. I recently bought a nice one on sale at my LDS for $12.00.

I have a Bare Sport 3/2mm full suit and is pretty easy to get on and off. Have about 40+ dives on it so far and has held up well.

I recently (July '13) got a Henderson Thermoprene 3 mm suit. I like it, easy on/off, comfortable/stretchy.

Divers Direct is currently out of stock in several sizes of lavacore they are coming in shortly and they are recommending them. Anybody have positive/negative experiences with them?

Back
Top Bottom