New 2000NiMH batteries/charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee,

Bugeye Digital has the Ipowerus charger and battery combo on their site for $46.95 with no warnings about being out of stock.

They also sell the 2100mAh batteries separately. These have a minimum rating of 2010 mAh! Bugeye's price on a 4-pack of the AA cells is $11.95. This is a great deal IMO.

gbundersea once bubbled...
Dee,

Bugeye Digital has the Ipowerus charger and battery combo on their site for $46.95 with no warnings about being out of stock.

They also sell the 2100mAh batteries separately. These have a minimum rating of 2010 mAh! Bugeye's price on a 4-pack of the AA cells is $11.95. This is a great deal IMO.

I'll have to try those! Their combo is the same package I got. What I'd really like to find is a fast/smart charger that will take 8 batt. at a time.

Thanks, Greg!

Hmmm... very similar to the PowerHaus rapid charger I bought from http://www.centre.net.au.

(http://www.centre.net.au/Powerhaus_Rapid_AA_Battery_Charger_Car_Charger_00063U.html)

Greenbattery mentions this similarity on the comparison page.

The PowerHaus claims to charge 2000mAh in 2Hrs.

Came with 4x1800mAh and car adapter.

Seems to work fine with the extra 8x2000mAh I ordered but gets the 1800mAh ones real hot - almost makes the wrapping peel off. So now I charge those with the Olympus charger (freebie with 5050 along with 4xOly1700mAh and Olympus binoculars) only.

Been looking for those battery holders (Oly batts came in one of those) all over town. Been using the plastic holders that normal alkaline cells come in along with some tape :D. Probably order some from greenbattery now - thanks Dee.

i just got my power charger II and bats from greenbattery! I ordered monday morning and got it tuesday morning! wow! and thats regular shipping!
Anyway, just wanted to say if anyone is thinking of buying this and will be travelling to places that don't use 110 , you will need a transformer because it doesn't have autovolt!

Maybe I'm going to say something that everybody already knows but for the one person that doesn't... Everybody is talking about the amount of heat that is generated when you charge NiMH's. Well the heat is also a very serious aspect if you discharge NiMH's. What I'm saying is that if some seawater gets into the battery compartment of your strobe, the rapid discharge of several NiMH's will quite literally EXPLODE! The Sea&Sea's that I use have a pressure release cap system that was part of a recall. That recall was meant just for regular batteries! Just be carefull...

Does anyone have any thoughts on using these in a flashlight?

I have an Ikelite PCa that uses AA's and uses them quickly. I assume that they would work? Is the danger of explosion too great?

GB

GB ~ I can't say for sure. The danger of explosion is a result of saltwater flooding the battery compartment. I doubt you'll find any manufacturer who will give you total approval. S&S doesn't approve of the use of NiMH batteries in their strobes although there are lots of photographers doing it with no problems.

I'd say it's up to you to decide.

I've been using 4 C cell niMH batteries in my Ike PCLite for years without a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom