New 2000NiMH batteries/charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just received my new PowerII Charger and AA 2000 NiMH batteries.

This thing is fast. The first charge on the new batteries took only 36 minutes! Plus they were cool to the touch when finished. Unlike most chargers that heat the batteries to too hot to touch.

The spring loaded seats will hold AAA batteries very well, also. You can charge either 2 or 4 batteries at a time. The only thing I don't care for is the plastic cover slides completely off and could get lost easily. But this cover isn't necessary for operation so it's not a biggie unless you leave it sitting out and need it for dust protection.

I also got a 6-pak of battery cases for about $5. These things are the perfect size. No more old tape back-up cases for me! This will make managing battery sets and charging alot easier to keep up with.

So if you're in the market for a good battery charger and fast batteries, check it out.

Dee,

I recently bought the Ipowerus 2100 MaH combo from newegg.com. It includes charger, 8 AA cells, AC adapter, car adapter, and 2 plastic snap cases which hold 4 batteries each. Like the link you gave, it shows as currently out of stock. However, they're showing an ETA of 1/15/03. Price is $46.00 with free FedEx saver shipping!

The features of the charger are identical to yours. Its initial charge took an hour or two; it was during Christmas and I didn't pay much attention. Normal charging time is stated at 1-3 hours, after which it trickle-charges to maintain batteries at peak.

Have you seen the MAHA chargers? Costs about $55-$95 (depending on model) and does any kind of battery or large battery pack.

Alan...all the Greenbatteries.com AA chargers are out of stock. Must have been a hell of a Christmas!

Yeah...they sound very close. Mine also has a car adapter and came with 8 batteries in cases.

Does yours charge 8 batteries at a time, I couldn't tell. I plan to start using these batteries in my YS90 so it would be nice to have 8 charged at once. Oh well.....I'll just have to schedule things!

SPEEDSTER....I was using a MAHA 204C Smart Charger. It's still a very good charger but I was concerned about the heat generated as the 1600 and 1800 MaH batteries were charging. I read in several places it would severely shorten battery life.

Dee,

Can you buy the batteries seperately? I have a charger and I have the 1850 MAH AA's, but I could always use longer lasting ones. If so, how much can I expect to pay? I'd go to the sight, but I am restricted from my work computer:(

Thanks for all your help
Nathan

You can buy the battery alone. Since you can't access the site now, here's a cut and paste for the battery alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No need to settle for 1800 mAh any longer. These are the batteries everyone has been waiting for. They have been shipping in Europe for several months, we are the first to make these available in the US.

If you are looking for the highest capacity available in a rechargeable AA battery, these are the batteries for you. Perfect for digital cameras and digital music players. These batteries will work in any device that uses rechargeable AA batteries. they can be charged in any good quality NiMH battery charger.

FREE plastic storage case included with every four batteries

Minimum rating 1900 mAh

Due to very high demand and limited supplies we must limit your orders to a maximum of 16 batteries per order.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

GP 2000 NiMH AA Battery GP-AA-2000$3.75
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dee,

That's interesting about the heat. I got the Maha 401 charger and their new 2000 mAH batteries.

No problems so far. They're warm to the touch after charging, but defnitely not too hot to handle.

AD

Dee,
Thank you very much!!!! One more question, How much longer should I expect them to last? I have been very satisfied with the 1850's. I can get 2-3 dives out of one set. How long are you getting with them as well as how long were you getting with your old set?

Thanks in advance Dee
Nathan

Aggie Diver once bubbled...
Dee,

That's interesting about the heat. I got the Maha 401 charger and their new 2000 mAH batteries.

No problems so far. They're warm to the touch after charging, but defnitely not too hot to handle.

AD

The one I have is the MAHA 204C. 1800 mAH (I never know how to write this!) is the strongest I've recharged but they always got very, very hot.

Don't know what else to say...

But I really don't know what the difference between these high tech chargers and the Sanyo charger that came with the
1850 mAH batteries that I use.

Dee...maybe you can help :confused:

Steve

Back
Top Bottom