Never thought I would do this in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blazey07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy, A new Dive shop opened up in this little town, so I decided to check it out and I walked out with OWC course. Today we finished the open water and ready to join y'all's world. Today's visibility was about 18 inches, can't wait to see what it's like in Cozumel in July. So I'll just be reading some past post and not waste any of your time asking redundant questions.

Sent from my iPoo using Tapatalk.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Congratulations on your open water certification. It's an even bigger achievement since you apparently did your training in some kind of nearly opaque slurry.

Hope you have a blast in Cozumel. Keep us updated!

Sounds like your visibility is about as good as the vis in the lake here. :wink: Congratulations, and WELCOME!

Adam

Howdy, A new Dive shop opened up in this little town, so I decided to check it out and I walked out with OWC course. Today we finished the open water and ready to join y'all's world. Today's visibility was about 18 inches, can't wait to see what it's like in Cozumel in July. So I'll just be reading some past post and not waste any of your time asking redundant questions..

So what little Texas town are you in? You might be able to find some dive buddies locally to do some local diving with.

Jim

Actually, I have heard that there's a scuba park opening up in Weatherford - Twin Vee Key LLC - Weatherford, Texas - Outdoor Recreation | Facebook (no affiliation). Right now, I think it's just a mud hole but maybe at some point it'll be a place you can get wet between dive trips and it's a lot closer than CSSP to you.

Jim

I have heard of this as well. How can I find some divide buddies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Bigcountryairhvac.com

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2015 at 02:23 AM ----------

The new park is 4 miles from house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Bigcountryairhvac.com

I have heard of this as well. How can I find some divide buddies?

You can post on the Scubaboard - Texas regional Forum that you're looking for someone to go diving at a particular place at a particular date. I've been diving with several guys after they posted such a message.

Jim

You are going to love Cozumel. It was the first place I dove after my cert dives in a cold, dark, low viz quarry. Jaw dropping beautiful, I dropped my mouthpiece a couple of times on my first dives! We return every year. We are very lucky to have a world class diving destination so close!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom