Never dove; Hi from Tomball/Houston TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also talk to Jeff at Sea Sport Scuba in The Woodlands. My wife did her checkout dives with them at Blue Lagoon in Huntsville. Great dive park and they cater to divers. Normally the visibility is anywhere from 15-25 ft and the water is always warm. They have two lagoons, both with platforms and stuff like boats, etc. to see.

Also talk to Jeff at Sea Sport Scuba in The Woodlands. My wife did her checkout dives with them at Blue Lagoon in Huntsville. Great dive park and they cater to divers. Normally the visibility is anywhere from 15-25 ft and the water is always warm. They have two lagoons, both with platforms and stuff like boats, etc. to see.

Thanks for the recommendation and the info about Jeff!

+1 for Carl. He is the best instructor in Houston, no exceptions. I didn't know he was at Sea Sports, which was the shop my wife worked at before I took her away from all that.

Another +1. I just spent last night with him learning how to take apart tanks and general maintenance issues. He is a great instructor IMO. Kept asking me what I wanted to learn next. And apologizing for keeping me so late (10:30PM). The problem was I could have picked his brain for another 8 hours and he probably would have stayed. Granted, I have a modicum of a diving customer relationship with him so maybe I got a bit of extra treatment, but his passion for teaching and bringing in new people is unquestionable.

Another +1. I just spent last night with him learning how to take apart tanks and general maintenance issues. He is a great instructor IMO. Kept asking me what I wanted to learn next. And apologizing for keeping me so late (10:30PM). The problem was I could have picked his brain for another 8 hours and he probably would have stayed. Granted, I have a modicum of a diving customer relationship with him so maybe I got a bit of extra treatment, but his passion for teaching and bringing in new people is unquestionable.

Thanks so much! That is great to hear. Reminds me of the custom knife makers and reloaders I know — just passionate and willing to share everything they know. I’m very excited to learn that there are folks like this teaching diving.

I think I’ll stop by his shop!

Back
Top Bottom