Never Dived FL-Opinions-PanamaCity-Diving w/DiveLocker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoadWarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
Our first trip to Panama City is next weekend - 20th, 21st & 22nd. We've never dived Panama City or Florida for that matter.

Opinions on the diving with the Dive Locker appreciated. We like their 6-pack boats and dislike cattle boats.

djanni:
Our first trip to Panama City is next weekend - 20th, 21st & 22nd. We've never dived Panama City or Florida for that matter.

Opinions on the diving with the Dive Locker appreciated. We like their 6-pack boats and dislike cattle boats.

You will certainly like the smaller faster boats. I have never dove with Dive Locker although I have been in their shop. Their boat was full and I dove on the Splash and with Hydrospace on my trips to Panama City.

Definitely try and do one of the offshore trips. The Acookee(mispelled) is an excellent wreck. The vis is usually better further offshore. The sunken bridge spans are always good inshore sites. The barges and bridge rubble just don't excite me.

If the weather turns nasty you can always head to Vortex Springs about an hour northwest of Panama City and for $25 spend the day diving in crystal clear 69 degree freshwater. Lots of folks train there but the gin clear water gets to looking pretty nasty at the end of the day but it's still intersting if you've never been there.

Take a warm wetsuit. Water temps were 62 to 65 down there last weekend. I was surprised at how cold it was. I also think there is a big biker convention in PCB that weekend (or I heard that last weekend). just FYI.

Btw.... Noticed you were from Alabama near me. Why do you have a logo of the Alabama flag on the map outlike of the state of Mississippi in your profile pic? just curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom