Neutral at surface or 10 feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John,

I have to help with a class on Saturday and Sunday, but I am meeting with some other divers on Sunday after the class. I would think if you went to Blue Springs on Sunday around 9 am that you could hook up with Jody and myself. I'm not really sure when I will be done. It should be be 10 am.

Dan

jckusa:
That would be great. Just heard back that my regs are ready so I can dive this weekend. I was looking at doing my nitrox checkout dives on Saturday, but can reschedule if needed.

Thanks

jckusa:
Thanks Pat,

Think I understand better now. Some of my preconceived ingorance my have had something to do with my misunderstanding.

So, the AL80/wetsuit, full tank, empty BC, eyes at water level, sink when you exhale, is a good rule of thumb that will get you close to what you will need to stay at 10' with 500psi.

What is the recommended method for setting buoyancy, diving dry with various tank sizes/configurations?

This weekend should be a learning experience and can't wait to take the class.

I am unaware of any good rule of thumb for other tank configs. As you go to larger steel tanks (and double tanks) you start stripping off weight. Usually this is done by experience (not that hard to get in the ball park once you've ammassed some experience) but then you have to follow up by continually verifying at the end of your dive that you got it right.

Enjoy your course!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom