NetDoc is going to World WaterSports in Ft Lauderdale!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! Does that name bring back memories!

I am one of the "Griffin Road Kids" from the early eighties. I remember riding my bike to the lake with a length of rope and climbing a tree to tie off a rope swing. The lake was surrounded with trees and full of hydrilla back then. My friends and I would spend a major part of the day swimming in that lake and just being young teenagers.

There was always the dare to swim across the lake and back... which in retrospect was not the smartest thing I ever did at thirteen but that is a long list of things I did thinking I was immortal at that age. :death2:

Not only did I do it many times but I Double Dog Dared others to come with me that were really not up to the swim...*CHICKEN.. Bock Bock.." :chicken:

I would enjoy a dive in that lake and remember the youthful days of carefree, reckless abandon.

I might even bring a rope ... if there are ay trees left that is.

Eric

:( tree is gone where the ropes used to be. You probably wouldn't even recognize it now.

Scuba_Dad:
Hi Bill,
After three strikes.... I got on with Abernethy. So, I'll be in WPB. I'll check to see if the guy driving wants to head south... he might... You never know...

Al
what time you leaving out of the Marina? got to come say hi to me... Did Trevor and Dean book solid already too?

sorry hijacking :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom