Neptune w/ nira - harder draw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all pro divers:

Newbie here. just purchased a neptune w/ nira. The full mask appears to have a harder draw on the surface compared to my normal reg. (even with the neptune adj. scew full open). Is this normal for the full-face masks?? Thanks

I honestly don't know cause I've never used one, but I've been thinking about getting one, a bud and I so we can communicate a little more effectively and be Uber Scuba Nerds :) Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think about the setup, how it performs, diving conditions you've used it in and so on.

thanks.

I have an AGA and it does draw harder above water than below - i think it has to do with the slightly larger space that you're pulling the air from compared to a standard regulator right in your mouth - once you hit about 20 feet in mine though it seems to be as good as any. My air consumption with that mask goes way up though.

Did you get the com gear with it? I havent used my AGA much but when i got it i wanted the com gear and just havent gotten around to doing anything with it.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom