Neptune II System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yankee

Registered
Reaction score
I pruchased a set of neptune II dive masks for my son and I. Has anyone else use them what can you tell me about them. I have the comm units that go with them. We haven't been able to dive due to tthe water temp's here in Arkansas. Do they work as well as the tape that comes with it suggest?

Blue I love it I used it at Mermet springs in ILL and the wide open vision that it gives me is great. They run about 600. for the mask and another 500 for the com port. But if keeping in contact with
your dive buddy is important I suggest you get one.
The dollar amounts I posted are a little high its jujst to give you a ball park figure. Go to www.scubadreames.net and email Bill Hutto from that site and he can pin the price down for you. Im in training for my Dive Master with him so I get special pricing thats why Im not sure on the regular price. BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT. :D There is some adjusting to do once you get one so if you do I will be happy to talk you through it.

I have a set that I really only use to teach FFM. The problem I have with them is they don't fit me very well. They claim that they fit 80% of the people but I must be in the 20%. Also, Most Of my dives (non-teaching) are cave and/or multiple gases and I haven't found elegant solutions to the configuration issues.

You do know that you can get a quick connect for the mask right just color code your lines a different color for each . Have you tried strapping the side straps first? I do the side then top then bottom. When I do it that way i have no leaking at all the trick is to get the webbing down on the back of your head as much as possible.=-)

Can you tell me which hose the red one is at 100' without a light.....hmmmm I don't think color coding is a good solution.
Ken

Why would you be without lights ?? Im not a tech diver but i would assume you would have at least 1 if not 2 back up lights.

There is a little more to it. I have a QD but then there is the issue of donating air. Normally I use the long hose and hand it off to an OOA diver. This makes managing the long hose easy. If I'm not using it then I must stow it some other way complicating the system. And they don't fit. I even had to cut down the nose plugs (not the soft rubber plug but the post it sits on). My face sits way to deep in the mask. I am close to chewing on the microphone. I teach FFM and it fits well enough that I can tolorate a short dive once in a while when I teach it. They need more than one size.

Well this weekend will be my sons first time to try it i just hope all goes well since i spent the money.

Well we dove the neptune system the past 2 weekends and it went great. It was so cool not having to keep stopping and checking for everyone. I led the dive with my son in the rear and with the voice we were able to do a non stop dive.:jester: =-)

Back
Top Bottom