Neptune II System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yankee thanks for your post, I just bought a Neptune 2 (Nira ) today, and can't wait to try it out. I been diving a rebreather for the past year, and I just switched back to OC, and hate it. Rebreather diving is awesome. I bought it hopefully to get me close as possible to that , until I but something like the CCR Sport Kiss .

I hooked it up today, and breathed outta the FFm, kinda weird, lol .

How do you find equalizing ? I guess I have to adjust the nose pc inside on it, and other thing's I should know before diving it ?

We use these masks at work. I like it well enough but some of the other folks aren't having such good luck. Mostly fitting problems, as Yankee mentioned it matters how you put them on and I think we also have one of those folks that falls into the 20% of the population that the mask won't fit.

We have had some issues with the comm. units and had to have them serviced. Overall they do what we need them to do but I personally prefer my regular regulator. I am wearing one of these units in the picture you see when opening my profile. Is this the same unit you have?

WVDiver:
We use these masks at work. I like it well enough but some of the other folks aren't having such good luck. Mostly fitting problems, as Yankee mentioned it matters how you put them on and I think we also have one of those folks that falls into the 20% of the population that the mask won't fit.

We have had some issues with the comm. units and had to have them serviced. Overall they do what we need them to do but I personally prefer my regular regulator. I am wearing one of these units in the picture you see when opening my profile. Is this the same unit you have?

Yes,. the same one, I can see your's say's Nira on top of the reg, and I also have the little grey thing on the bottom that open's as well like your's. I din't watch the video yet, and havn't really played with it yet, I just opened it up, hooked it upto a tank, to see what it was like. I never used one before.

Im going to get the OTS comm system as well, as my other dive buddy uses a AGA with comm, so we can talk, and I'm also getting the unit to go on top with my boat, so we can talk to the boat as well, when were under water.

How does your SAC rate do on these thing's? I usalley can " sip " the reg, only taking what i need, I have a pretty good SAC rate, usalley around 4.5 -5.0 lpm on a open reef, and average about 6.5 to 7.0 on a deeper wreck dive.

It's nice to be able to breath underwater open face, and I love the vision it seem's to have above water. Alittle Noisy still, I was hoping it would be closer to a RB, like a SCR re-breather. I can't wait to dive it !!!

My friend also has a FFM - AGA, I'm going to try both out, and see which one work's best for me.

FLTEKDIVER:
Yes,. the same one, I can see your's say's Nira on top of the reg, and I also have the little grey thing on the bottom that open's as well like your's. I din't watch the video yet, and havn't really played with it yet, I just opened it up, hooked it upto a tank, to see what it was like. I never used one before.

Im going to get the OTS comm system as well, as my other dive buddy uses a AGA with comm, so we can talk, and I'm also getting the unit to go on top with my boat, so we can talk to the boat as well, when were under water.

How does your SAC rate do on these thing's? I usalley can " sip " the reg, only taking what i need, I have a pretty good SAC rate, usalley around 4.5 -5.0 lpm on a open reef, and average about 6.5 to 7.0 on a deeper wreck dive.

It's nice to be able to breath underwater open face, and I love the vision it seem's to have above water. Alittle Noisy still, I was hoping it would be closer to a RB, like a SCR re-breather. I can't wait to dive it !!!

My friend also has a FFM - AGA, I'm going to try both out, and see which one work's best for me.

We aslo have the surface unit and we talk a lot, giving readings and information, to the topside unit but I haven't really noticed much, if any, significant difference in my SAC rate. I have heard that your SAC rate suffers because of the amount of talking you do and other factors and in the beggining that may be so but I think that after a couple dives you won't notice.

Have fun with it and keep me posted of your progress.

Yes i sure will, my buddy who is selling this one, is bringing his AGA FFM over tommorrow night, and I'm going to try both this next weekend out in the spring's, should be fun, can't wait, I'll let you know how I make out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom